- 4 tablespoons of salted butter
- 1 ½ cups white onions, chopped
- 1 lb. Oyster Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp Dried Oyster Mushroom powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 ½ cups stock (chicken, vegetable, your choice)
- 2 tbsp Tamari sauce
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup half and half or milk
- ⅓ cup room-temperature creme fraiche (or sour cream)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
InstructionsSAUTE: In a soup pot, saute the onions and mushrooms in the butter over medium heat for 12 minutes until caramelized. Add the cauliflower. Season with dill, thyme, and paprika. Allow the mushrooms, onions and cauliflower to continue cooking for an additional 7-10 minutes, stirring often. Sprinkle the grated garlic and mushroom powder.
STIR: Slowly pour in the chicken stock, tamari, and lemon juice into your pan to deglaze the bottom of the pot to pick up all the flavors. Allow the soup to gain a simmer and then let cook and reduce for 5 minutes.
WHISK: While the soup is reducing, whisk together the milk and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Pour the mixture into the soup and continue to cook the soup for 8-10 minutes, or until the soup thickens, stirring as required.
FINISH: Remove the soup from heat. Stir the soup while you add in the sour cream slowly and allow for it to mix. Sprinkle with parsley to finish and serve warm.